Tasing ends chase of naked fugitive
Police said a chase of a naked man who fled the police station Saturday, then was tased, has resulted in a variety of charges.
Lt. J. D. Newlin said Adrian Donnel Morrison, 28, was being booked on drug paraphernalia charges when the incident occurred. Full Story
Sheriff warns of ‘grandkids in need’ scam
Someone has dusted off one of the oldest scams and is trying it in Milam County.
Sheriff David Greene is warning elderly residents to beware of a caller who claims their grandchild is in jail.
The scammer tries to solicit money for bail, or to pay a fine, to get the grandchild released. Full Story
Five draw sentences
Five persons were sentenced during the past week in 20th District Court, according to Prosecutor Bill Torrey who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Jennifer Slack, 29, Cameron pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana, five years deferred adjudication probation, $2,500 fine, $140 restitution to DPS. Full Story
Milam County Jail Log
Here is the jail log from June 11-17 from the Milam County Sheriff’s Department.
Jai l logs list all persons charged with offenses through the county jail docket. Charges may change during the process. Persons are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law.
• Frank Edward Corona, 41, Cameron, burglary of habitation, in custody on $40,000 bond. Full Story
Milam grand jury indicts 30 during Thursday session
CAMERON—Thirty indictments were returned Thursday by a Milam County Grand Jury, according to Prosecutor Bill Torrey, who listed true bills as follows:
• Fernando Vargas Jr., 35, Cameron, continuous sexual assault of a child.
• Juan Antonio Castaneda, 39, Rockdale, indecency with a child.
• Virginia Vargas, 31, Cameron, endangering a child. Full Story