Luminant tourney raises $14,000 for United Way
Giving big on the greens, Luminant employees and community attendees helped raise nearly $14,000 for the United Way of South Milam County.
“This was our most successful charity golf tournament to date and it’s exciting to know that we’re helping countless Milam County individuals in need through United Way,” said Katharine Ladd, Luminant Three Oaks Mine reclamation planner. “A majority of our participants and sponsors have supported this event since it began and we’re thankful for everyone’s continued support. We’re already looking forward to next year’s tournament.”
Held at the Golf Club at Star Ranch, more than 100 participants in 29 teams competed in the event and entered a raffle for door prizes.
Attendees refueled following their golf game with hamburgers and hotdogs. The event was hosted by Sandow/Three Oaks Diversity Council members.
Gift cards and prizes were also awarded to the first, second and third place teams. This year’s winning teams and participants were:
• First place team: Blake Ladd, Bill Ladd, Bryan Ladd and Stephen Ladd
• Second place team: Jacob Garza, John Garza, Gilbert Garza and Clayton Meyer
• Third place team: Eddie Boyd, Russell Campbell, Billy Galbreath and Allan Jones
• Closest to the pin winner: Joshua Frei
• Longest drive winner: Bryan Ladd