12 sentenced in 20th District Court sessions
CAMERON—Twelve persons were sentenced last week during 20th District Court sessions, according to Prosecutor Bill Torrey, who listed them as follows:
• Jessie James Tabor, 35, Cameron, sentenced by Judge John Youngblood to 12-year prison terms for assault causing bodily injury-family violence-impeded breath and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He also drew a two-year state jail term for evading arrest. Torrey said there were probation violations in each case.
• Deborah Ann Shivers, 27, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to obtaining prescription by fraud and bail jumping/failure to appear, two five-year terms. She also pleaded “true” to probation violation on a motion to revoke for an original charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and received a three-year term.
• Larry Ibarra, 32, Cameron, pleaded guilty to assault family violence-impeding breathing/ circulation, three years deferred adjudication probation, $1,500 fine.
• Frank Edward Corona, 41, Cameron, pleaded guilty to burglary of a habitation, five-year prison term.
• Leah Lisa Beran, 34, Thorndale, pleaded guilty to theft ($1,500 to $20,000), two-year state jail term probated three years, $800 fine, $2,144.94 restitution to Stanley-Lynd Autoplex.
• Brittany Marie Thompson, 25, Thorndale, pleaded guilty to burglary of a habitation, five years deferred adjudication probation, $2,500 fine, restitution to be determined.
• James William Nelson, 30, Bryan, pleaded guilty to theft (less than $1,500) with priors, two-year state jail term probated three years, $800 fine.
• Reginald Way Rideaux, 36, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to possession of controlled substance (less than one gram) in a drug-free zone, five-year, probated, prison term, $2,500 fine, $140 restitution to DPS.
• Dan Arthur Brown III, 23, Youngsville, Louisiana, pleaded guilty to a lesser included Class A misdemeanor offense, attempted possession of a controlled substance, two years deferred adjudication, $2,500 fine, $140 restitution to DPS.
• Timothy Jack Trejo, 26, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to evading arrest with motor vehicle, five years deferred adjudication probation. He also pleaded guilty to forgery of a government instrument and drew an additional five-year deferred adjudication probation term.
• Randell Ray Bowers, 40, Temple, pleaded guilty to attempted prohibited substance in a correctional facility, six-month state jail term.
• Adrian Donnel Morrison, 28, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, 10-year prison term.