COMMENTS FROM CHERYL
The annual fall tour is planned for Friday, Dec. 6 to Fredericksburg. The tour is sponsored by the Milam County Extension Education Association clubs and open to all interested persons. The charter bus will leave Cameron at 8:30 a.m. and arrive back in Cameron about 11:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity for you to get in the Christmas spirit and have a fun day with friends.
The day trip to Fredericksburg offers two special activities. First the St. Nikolausmarkt in the downtown square will showcase a variety of craft, food and art booths. This market is different each year depending on the exhibitors. We will end the day with the lighted Christmas Parade.
The parade is a great way to catch the Christmas spirit. The cost of the trip is $40 per person. Contact the Milam County Extension Office for registration forms and additional information at 100 E. 1st Street in Cameron, 254- 697-7045, http://milam.agrilife.org/ or email@example.com.
JUDGING EARLY—Don’t miss out on the early check-in and judging of the Rockdale Fair Home Economics Department. There is a big change for home economics entries at the Rockdale Fair for the 2013 show conducted at the New Salem Club House in Fair Park.
In order to have the entries on display during the fair, judging will be moved to the first part of the fair week. Complete rules and entry forms are available at the Milam County Extension Office.
• Monday, Oct. 14, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Check-in for all non-food items.
• Tuesday, Oct. 15, 9 a.m. to noon—Continue check-in for all nonfood items.
• Tuesday, Oct. 15, noon to 5 p.m.— Exhibit area will be closed during judging of non-food items.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, 8-10 a.m.— Check-in for food items.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, 10 a.m. to noon—Judging of food items.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, 4:30 p.m.— Photos of grand and reserve champions winners.
• Thursday, Oct. 17 through Saturday, Oct. 19—Non-food entries on display to the public.
Remember check-in and judging all happens prior to the Rockdale Fair opening. Contact the Milam County Extension office if you have questions.