COMMENTS FROM CHERYL
Early check-in and judging are a big for Home Economics entries at the 2013 Rockdale Fair conducted at the New Salem Club House in Fair Park. In order to have the entries on display during the fair, judging will be moved to the first part of the fair week.
Show off your talents in photography, painting, handwork, quilt, crafts, baking and much more.
There are no entry fees for the Home Economics Department and the New Salem Extension Education Association Club will be providing a $15 prize to youth grand champion non-food items. The Home Economics Department is open to all youth and adults from five years old and up residing or attending school in Milam County. Complete rules and entry forms are available at the Milam County Extension Office.
Check the following schedule for new entry dates:
• Monday, Oct. 14, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Check-in for all non-food items.
• Tuesday, Oct. 15, 9 a.m. to noon—Continue check-in for all non-food items.
• Tuesday, Oct. 15, noon to 5 p.m.— Exhibit area will be closed during judging of nonfood items.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, 8-10 a.m.—Check-in for food items.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, 10 a.m. to noon—Judging of food items.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, 4:30 p.m.—Photos of grand and reserve champions winners.
• Thursday, Oct. 17 through Saturday, Oct. 19—Non-food entries on display to the public.
Remember check-in and judging all happens prior to the Rockdale Fair opening. Contact the Milam County Extension office if you have questions, 100 E. 1st Street in Cameron, 254-697- 7045, http://milam.agrilife.org/, firstname.lastname@example.org.