Seven get 20th District Court sentences
CAMERON—Seven persons drew sentences last week in 20th District Court, according to Prosecutor Bill Torrey, who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Whitney Denise Glover, 27, Bremond, pleaded true to motion to revoke probation on an original charge of forgery of a financial instrument, 20-month state jail term.
• Jean Pierre Gygi, 26, Houston, pleaded true to a motion to revoke probation on an original conviction on a class A misdemeanor, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), four-month county jail term.
• Kenneth Alvin Montgomery, 54, Cameron, pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence, five-year prison term.
• Curtis Ray Ware, 47, Thorndale, pleaded guilty to prohibited substance in a correctional facility, sentenced to “time served” in the county jail.
• Frederick Douglas Turner, 22, Cameron, pleaded guilty to indecency with a child/ sexual contact, placed on eight years deferred adjudication probation with standard conditions of sex offender probation, 180-days in county jail as a condition of probation, fined $2,500 plus $8,640 restitution to the victim.
• Jose Dejesus Vasquez, 47, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to lesser included driving while intoxicated (DWI), three-day county jail term.
• Gabriel Ray Vargas, 35, Cameron, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance ( less than one gram), 10-month state jail term. Vargas also pleaded guilty to evading arrest with prior and received an additional 10-month state jail term.