ID required for constitutional amendment early voting
Early voting for the Nov. 5 Texas Constitutional Amendment election continues this week at one location, the county clerk’s office in Cameron.
Milam residents may cast early ballots from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday, Oct. 25, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 28 through Nov. 1.
Residents are reminded that a photo ID is now required in order to vote.
For most that will probably be a driver’s license but other forms of photo ID will be accepted, including the following:
• Texas Election Identification Certificate, issued by DPS.
• Texas personal identification card, issued by DPS.
• Texas concealed handgun license, issued by DPS.
• U.S. military ID card with photo.
• U.S. citizenship card with photo.
• U.S. passport.
For more information call the DPS at 512- 424-2600 or go to www.dps.texas.gov.