Eight draw sentences in 20th District Court
CAMERON—Eight persons drew sentences in 20th District Court during the past week, according to Prosecutors Bill Torrey and John Paschall who listed case dispositions:
• James Clinton Carpenter, 40, Bryan, pleaded true to a probation revocation motion on an original charge of DWI-third or more offense, four-year prison term.
• Philip Trent Kirkpatrick, 20, Cameron, pleaded guilty to delivery of marijuana to a minor, four years deferred adjudication probation, successful completion of intermediate sanction facility, $2,000 fine.
• Nakiesha Kaderka, 31, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to endangering a child, six-month state jail term. She also pleaded guilty to additional charge of theft and drew another six-month state jail term.
• Jenna Ashley Modi, 27, Bryan, pleaded guilty to a lesser Class B misdemeanor offense, driving while intoxicated-first offense, six-month state jail term, probated two years, standard conditions of DWI probation including DWI education class, ignition interlock device, $2,000 fine and $140 restitution to DPS.
• Vincent Carnells Sorrells, 23, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault of a family member with a deadly weapon, four years deferred adjudication probation, including anger management classes, $1,500 fine.
• Manuel Ramos, 43, Waco, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance, two-year state jail term, probated four years, standard conditions of substance abuse probation, including evaluation and any recommended treatment, $1,500 fine, $140 restitution to DPS.
• Charles Ray Porter, 22, Cameron, pleaded guilty to burglary of a building-enhanced, eight-year prison term.
• Ricky Matthew Lopez, 24, Cameron, pleaded guilty to attempted online solicitation of a minor, four years deferred adjudication probation with standard conditions of probation, $1,500 fine.