Stash Your Trash Saturday (Nov. 9) at Fair Park
City of Rockdale residents may "stash their trash" Saturday (Nov. 9) at Fair Park in the city's annual fall cleanup day.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 12-noon and the event is only for those who reside within the city limits of Rockdale.
Residence will be verified at the site or city residents may bring a driver’s license and water bill to verify they live within the city limits.
Containers will be at the park for free disposal of miscellaneous household items (old furniture, mattresses, etc.). Items may also be placed at the curb throughout the year on your regular pick up day or by scheduling a special pick up with Progressive, according to City Manager Kelvin Knauf, who listed details as follows:
• Location: Fair Park on Mill Street. Enter Main Gate at Mill Street. Look for signs. Exit Gate 5 at Roberts Street.
• Please trim your tree limbs, especially those close to curbs. Free chipping (for limbs 4 inches or smaller) available at Fair Park (Must be from truck or trailer).
• No motor oil will be accepted.
• No tires will be accepted.
• Fair Park gates will be locked throughout the weekend.
• Please separate metal from regular trash for easier disposal.
• Unable to accept batteries and any items which contain
refrigerant, hazardous chemicals or paint (in liquid form).
Anyone needing help getting trash to the Fair Park, should call the Public Works Office at 512-446-5620 or 446-7320.
Volunteers with pickups and trailers are needed to help collect items from households. All volunteers should meet at the Mill Street yard (301 Mill Street) at 8 a.m to clean up areas around town.