More declare for primaries in March ‘14
The field of candidates for the March 4 primaries continues to grow with the deadline looming on Monday.
KarenBerryandMargot Contreras have filed for district clerk in the Republican Primary, according to Kyle Deal, interim county chair.
Incumbent District Clerk Cindy Fechner, who was elected as a Democrat, has designated a campaign treasurer with the county clerk’s office of elections, according to elections clerk Sherry Mueck, but has not yet filed with either party.
CANDIDATES—A number of candidates had previously filed with the premier race, to date, in the Republican Primary for County Judge.
Incumbent Dave Barkemeyer is challenged by Frank Summers in a rematch of the 2010 general election in which Summers, a three- term incumbent at the time, ran as a Democrat.
Others previously filing include :
• Precinct 3 JP—Andy Isaacs (incumbent); Kim Stewart.
• County treasurer, Donna Gilbert Orsag (incumbent).
• Precinct 1 County commissioner, unexpired term, Chuck “Tank” Balch (incumbent).
• Precinct 1 justice of the peace, Rick Gommert (incumbent).
• Precinct 2 justice of the peace, Sam Berry (incumbent).
• Precinct 3 constable, unexpired
• County clerk—Barbara Vansa (incumbent).
• Precinct 4 JP—Gary Northcott (incumbent).
• Precinct 4 Commissioner— Jeff Muegge (incumbent).
PAPERS—Mueck listed the following as filing papers designating a campaign treasurer:
Michael Marek, Precinct 2 commissioner; Donald Schuerman, Precinct 2 justice-of-thepeace; Carol Wells (incumbent), Precinct 3 constable.
Anyone wanting to file as a Republican may contact interim County Chair Kyle Deal at 254- 627-9349 or e-mail email@example.com.
County Democratic Chair Richard Stone said anyone wanting to file as a Democrat may contact him at 512-760-5748 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, according to Stone, filing in person can be done during normal business hours at the Hollis Lewis Law Office, 202 East Sixth in Cameron.