More weight loss, fewer food cravings
An increasing number of people know beans about weight loss—and that’s a good thing. As it turns out, white kidney bean extract can contribute to cutting down the pounds and the food cravings.
That’s according to Obesity, the official peer-reviewed research journal of The Obesity Society. It recently published the largest weight loss and weight management clinical study to date on the all-natural extract.
In the study, participants taking the extract (Phase 2 Carb Controller) lost significantly more body fat mass and weight circumference than did the placebo group. Lead researchers of the study confirm that reduction in body weight was due to loss of fat, not muscle.
Additionally, 73.5 percent of participants maintained their body weight after 24 weeks and reported decreased desire for sugary foods.
“This study validates a dozen previous studies conducted in the past decade,” said Dr. Harry Preuss, a Georgetown University professor in the Departments of Biochemistry, Medicine and Pathology. “This study is unique since most clinical trials don’t follow participants for this length of time. The decrease in desire for sweets and increase in overall happiness confirms what we have believed was possible with this specific white kidney bean extract.”
In addition to taking the supplement, you’ll be better able to reach your weight loss goals if you:
• Eat foods in their natural state. In general, the darker the vegetable, the better.
• Don’t eat within three hours of bedtime. Your body needs time for fat burning and storage.
• Eat protein at breakfast. It boosts the energy burn cycle and changes your metabolism to burn fat instead of muscle tissue.
• Slow down. Chew each bite 20 times before swallowing.
• Eat mindfully. Make mealtime special with a nice plate. Taste, smell and enjoy your food without the distractions of television or computer.
• Avoid refined carbohydrates. They cause a spike in blood glucose. Switch to whole grains, such as brown rice, quinoa and oatmeal.
• Exercise at least three times a week.
You can find Phase 2 in many nutritional supplements, including Natrol’s Carb Intercept, GNC’s Total Lean Phase 2 Carb Controller, Now Foods’ Starch Neutralizer and Swanson’s Phase 2 Starch Neutralizer.
For more information, visit www.phase2info.com.