Tips to help avoid the flu
Getting an annual flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself from the flu. It’s recommended for most individuals, ages six months and older.
Flu season typically peaks in January or February, so it’s not too late to get vaccinated for the current flu season.
In addition to the vaccine, there are steps you can take to avoid getting and spreading the flu:
• Wash your hands of ten with soap and water, or an alcohol based hand rub.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with sick people.
• Practice good health habits (get adequate sleep, exercise, and nutrition; and manage stress).
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Stay home if you have the flu.