NOT AS BAD AS IT LOOKS—Yes, lots of


Reporter/Mike Brown Reporter/Mike Brown volunteer firemen and an RVFD pumper did converge on Richards Memorial Hospital after an alarm went off there at 11:51 a.m. Friday. But there wasn’t a fire. Volunteers said a sprinkler head burst in the hospital’s west wing, the former Assisted Living Center, and caused some water damage in one of the rooms. Firefighters entered the building, checked out the situation briefly and returned to the station.


Click here for digital edition
2014-02-06 digital edition



The burn ban for Milam County has been lifted. Burning is always prohibited in the county's municipalities.


Click here to register for the 5 Kay!