Livestock show eyeing record in final tally
Sandra Waiser, show secretary, said the total at the end of Saturday’s action was $183,607.
When the considerable added money total is figured in, the total is expected to be higher than the record $216,613, set last year.
Before the 2013 show, the record total was $200,582 , set in 2012.
$20,000 STEER— The grand champion steer was shown by Jonathan McAnulty of the Cameron FFA and was sold to a consortium of buyers for $20,000, a total that does yet reflect the added money.
McAnulty also had the grand champion steer in the 2013 Rockdale Fair, selling it for $19,625.
• Grand champion steer—Johnathan McAnulty, Cameron FFA, $20,000.
• Third-place steer— Amber Dee, Thorndale 4-H Club, $4,000.
• Grand champion swine—Kinley Meadors, Thorndale 4-H Club, $3,000.
• Reserve champion swine—Koy Quinney, Rockdale FFA, $1,600.
• Grand champion lamb—Garrett Reed, Gause 4-H, $4,100.
Third-place lamb— Colton Ripley, Thorndale 4-H, $1,600.
• Grand champion broilers— Gabriel Ramthun, Cameron 4-H, $2,000.
• Reserve champion broilers—Colt Labay, Cameron 4-H, $1,975.
• Reserve champion rabbits—Kassandra Benavidez, Milam County 4-H Club, $1,500.
• Grand champion turkey— Collin Kostroun, Cameron 4-H Club, $1,500.
• Reserve champion turkey—Erin Free, Rockdale FFA, $1,500.
• Grand champion goat—Kyrene Jackson, Thorndale 4-H Club, $2,100.
• Reserve champion goat—Taije Schroeder, Thorndale 4-H Club, $1,400.