Lions pancake supper, town hall on horizon
• Farmers Market in Rockdale every Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Tractor Supply parking lot.
• Lions Pancake Supper is Feb. 28 at the New Salem Building in Fair Park, 5 to 7 p.m.
• Town hall meeting on Thursday, March 2, at 6 p.m., Patterson Center to receive input on the repurpose of the Old City Hall building. Rockdale citizens are encouraged to attend.
• KC’s Lenten Fish Fry is Fridays March 3-April 7.
• Washer tournament at The Ranch on March 4 to benefit the Relay For Life of Milam County which is Nov. 4. Tournament starts at 1 p.m. and the bar will be open.
For more information contact Kim Jeter at 512- 760-7194.
• Our Rockdale Chamber of Commerce Banquet is coming upon us. It is scheduled for March 9 at the KC Hall.
This year’s theme is Mardi Gras: Geaux Big.
Be sure and sponsor a table or purchase tickets and come see what’s going on. Lots of new things and surprises also. You won’t want to miss out this year. If any questions, please call the Chamber at 512- 446-2030.
• Linwood Acres annual Plant Exchange is March 25, here at the Chamber, plant donations accepted.
Plants will be given away that day.
• Alpha Tau Delta’s Dewberry Run is April 1.
• MARC is having their 16th annual MARC Run on April 8 at The Ranch.
The event starts at 9 a.m. with registration. Barbecue plates will sold from served at 11:30 until sold out. There’s a live auction at 4:30 p.m.
• Community Easter Egg Hunt at Fair Park is on Good Friday, April 14. Hunting starts at 10 a.m.
• June 2-3 is the Rockdale Buckin’ Bulls & BBQ Cook Off. This year, coming back bigger and better than ever.
If you are not a Chamber member, please come see us. There are many benefits to being a member.