Former commissioner's home burns

Rockdale volunteer firefighters answered their third major house fire call in 12 days Wednesday

   Rockdale volunteer firefighters answered their third major house fire in 12 days Wednesday at the Dale and Dian Jaecks home on County Road 325.

  Jaecks is a former longtime Milam County commissioner. He served Precinct 3 for 24 years before retiring in 2012.

  Fire Chief Ward Roddam said the blaze began in a storage room near the garage and is believed to have started in an electrical appliance. He said there was extensive damage to the home and a car was also lost.

  The Milano Volunteer Fire Department assisted the Rockdale VFD at the scene.


Click here for digital edition
2017-03-16 digital edition

Copyright 2009-2017 Rockdale Reporter, All Rights Reserved.



Special Sections


Special Sections
Archive