Free seminar is Wednesday at Workforce
This is a free event for businesses and their employees. Make plans to attend.
Time is 12-noon to 1 p.m.
THANKS—Thanks to all of our Sponsors at our Banquet.
Gold—A Touch of Elegance, Citizens National Bank, Classic Bank, Little River HealthCare, Luminant, Miller-Starnes Chevrolet-Buick, Rockdale Federal Credit Union, Rockdale MDD, Rockdale Reporter, Rockdale Workforce Solutions, Standards Home Health and Hospice, State Farm-Julie Sulak.
Silver—City of Rockdale, Crime Stoppers, Gatti’s, Kindred Hospice, St. John’s Methodist Church & United Way of South Milam County.
The Chamber Banquet was a huge success, everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves and had fun participating.
It was a nice change up this year and hopefully it will bring others out next year. We gave out some great community awards and some humorous awards! We’ve already started planning for next year. You should come.
More events coming up:
• KC’s Council 7014 Lenten Fish Fry is Fridays through April 7.
• Linwood Acres annual Plant Exchange is March 25, here at the Chamber, plant donations accepted.
Plants will be given away that day.
• Alpha Tau Delta’s Dewberry Run is April 1.
• MARC is having their 16th annual MARC Run on April 8 at The Ranch.
The event starts at 9 a.m. with registration. Barbecue plates will be served at 11:30 until sold out. There’s a live auction at 4:30 p.m.
• Community Easter Egg Hunt at Fair Park is on Good Friday, April 14. Hunting starts at 10 a.m.
The Chamber is asking the community for monetary donations or individually wrapped candies for stuffing Easter Eggs (preferably not chocolate). We have thousands to stuff this year
• April 22 is Earth Day. Stay tuned to see how you can get involved.
• May 6, BBQ shootout. Cameron Ledbetter Park.
• June 2-3 is the Rockdale Buckin’ Bulls & BBQ Cook Off, including a car show, petting zoo, arts and crafts, food booths, carnival, washer tournament, barrel racing, bull riding, mutton bustin’.
Entertainment lined up for both nights.